Senior Application Developer I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
UFG is seeking an experienced senior application developer that will be engaged in challenging, and innovative projects that will impact our organizations success. This position will play a critical role in the review, design, development and modification of web applications as well as growing a strong development team. This position requires a critical thinker with strong technical skills who can thrive in a fast paced environment.
▼ Read moreResponsibilities:
- Develop new applications and update and maintain current applications.
- Consult with project managers, team members and users to identify current operating procedures and clarify project objectives.
- Design and write new or modify existing applications based on specifications developed by project manager and business analysts.
- Mentor, coach and provide technical advice to junior developers as needed for maintenance and enhancement of existing applications.
- Stay current in in field through company provided and personal continuing technical education and development community involvement
- Develop and document programming standards for all developers and team members.
- Develop tools, programs and techniques that improve the development and implementation process.
- Contribute to the thought leadership of the development team by working with other senior team members to shape the team's roadmap for the future.
- Conduct testing by developing test data by following test plans to ensure programs meet standards and specification.
- Assist with project/system releases.
- Research errors to determine root cause and take appropriate steps to correct errors.
- Properly document development progress with project tracking system.
- Other duties as assigned.
▼ Read moreQualifications:
- Minimum 2 year college degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or another technical field
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing solutions in an object oriented language, preferably Microsoft .NET 4.0 or greater
- Experience developing with Microsoft web technologies, including ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC and Web API
- Experience in designing multi-tiered architectures and breaking out functionality into discrete reusable components
- Current participation in insurance, computer science or general business education
- Insurance experience a plus
- Strong application and web programming skills.
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Excellent understanding of Application Architecture
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many disciplines and with varying degrees of business and technical experience
- Ability to be self-directed and to take initiative in defining and completing project deliverables
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to describe complex, highly-technical issues using simple, clear and precise language
- Excellent analytical skills; strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage multiple priorities and work under deadlines
- Employees are expected to actively participate in insurance classes, programming coursework or in-house training programs throughout their careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
United Fire Group has a policy to provide equal opportunity for all. We continue to take positive action to recruit, hire, train, transfer and promote persons in all job categories based on the individual's ability to perform the job and without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or genetics.▼ Read more