Application Developer I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
United Fire Group is looking for a programmer analyst to join our growing organization. This position will play a critical role in the review, design, development and modification of our internal processing systems. This position requires a critical thinker with strong technical skills who can thrive in a fast paced environment.
▼ Read moreResponsibilities:
Review, analyze and modify UFG processing systems according to detailed specifications.
Consult with project managers, team members and users to identify current operating procedures and clarify project objectives.
Design and write new or modify existing programs based on specifications developed by project manager or senior level programmer/analyst.
Conduct testing by developing test data by following test plans to ensure programs meet standards and specification.
Assist with project/system releases.
Research errors to determine root cause and take appropriate steps to correct errors.
Document program changes in source code.
Properly document development progress with project tracking system.
Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of programming experience.
- Mainframe experience preferred.
- Understanding of web-based applications with knowledge of HTML, .ASP, .Net, Java.
- Experience with Unisys Operating System (MCP) – Desired
- Experience with Cobol, C#.net