Loss Control Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2015 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on Forbes' “America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for both 2014 and 2015. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
Most important, UFG can offer you a work environment where you can easily see yourself in the big picture from day one. You become part of a successful team that works together to do great things. In addition, we believe in supporting our employees by providing a great benefits plan and allowing our people to develop flexible work hours that align with their personal schedule.
JOB SUMMARY: As a loss control manager you will be working at an awarded Top Workplace. Here is what you'll be doing on a daily basis: Direct loss control regional department. Select, train, develop, travel with and manage staff to provide timely and accurate service to underwriting and customers, thereby assisting in the selection, evaluation and proper classification of risks. Assist in underwriting training. Mange the loss control department and assist underwriting in risk evaluation and selection, thereby assisting underwriting and agents in producing good profitable business at an appropriate price.
▼ Read moreResponsibilities:
- Administer APPR's (Annual Performance and Plan Reviews) that establish and achieve realistic performance standards; develop efficient work flow procedures to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner; and as error-free as possible; pursue innovative changes; pursue continuous improvement.
- Develop a knowledgeable, stable and productive staff; provide opportunities for continuous skill development and encourage active participation.
- Develop annual operating plan; set unified, realistic, challenging goals; establish procedure for monitoring success.
- Promote good communication between loss control and other departments.
- Minimum 10 years management experience in related fields.
- College degree, related designations, i.e.: CSP, ARM, ALCM or equivalent preferred.