- Career Level
- Not Specified
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2015 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on Forbes' “America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for both 2014 and 2015. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
Most important, UFG can offer you a work environment where you can easily see yourself in the big picture from day one. You become part of a successful team that works together to do great things. In addition, we believe in supporting our employees by providing a great benefits plan and allowing our people to develop flexible work hours that align with their personal schedule.
JOB SUMMARY: As a 1st In-House Actuary, you will be working at an awarded Top Workplace for United Life Insurance Company. Here is what you'll be doing on a daily basis: Provide a leadership role that applies the knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business for product development and financial reporting/forecasting. Complete actuarial analysis to support the development of life/annuity products, pricing strategies, investment strategies, financial forecasts, reserve valuations and evolving risk management. Have the ability to establish priorities and make decisions and to work independently and accurately, using good analytical and organizational skills.▼ Read moreResponsibilities:
- Perform actuarial research supporting product: pricing and development
- Forecasting and valuations research
- Develop rate calculations for life/annuity quoting software and the life administration system.
- Prepare financial reports, actuarial memos and responses in support of; new product rollouts, current product pricing changes, requests from external auditors, state regulators, rating agencies and parent company requests/requirements.
- Sign off on appropriate documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Required is five plus years' experience in actuarial field within the actuarial field within the Life Insurance industry and completion of an ASA.
- PC proficiency with the knowledge of MS Office, spreadsheet and actuarial related software
- Desired is seven plus years' experience in the actuarial field within the Life Insurance Industry and completion of an ASA working towards a FSA or recent completion of a FSA.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.▼ Read more