Corporate Auto Physical Damage/ Property Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
UFG is seeking an auto physical damage specialist to design and implement APD and salvage initiatives. This roles is responsible for managing the business to business vendor relationships and drive the training, compliance and performance of the APD and salvage program. In association with the UFG fleet manager, this position will also manage auto physical damage of our fleet vehicles, and oversee the Auto Glass program.▼ Read moreResponsibilities:
- Direct supervision and interface with our APD vendor to ensure workflow, performance and customer service expectations are being met
- Examine repair estimates to determine if they fit our guideline for processing.
- Review and Maintenance of our APD Auto Estimating Platform and rental metrics
- Develop, receive, evaluate and disseminate management reports providing performance metrics on APD program.
- Direct supervision and interface with our APD salvage vendor(s) to ensure workflow, performance and customer service expectations are being met.
- Remain abreast of industry trends with aftermarket parts, repair procedures and techniques.
- Obtain salvage titles when necessary at the state level.
- Remain informed and abreast of current APD practices and inform claims staff of pertinent changes.
- Maintain estimating software agreements and train staff on workflow/best practices.
Foster contact and network industry colleagues for calibration of APD estimating results.
- Oversee our Safelite Auto Glass program. Read, interpret and communicate performance data.
Provide guidance and support to our staff charged with the processing of auto glass claims. Assist storm teams with onsite vehicle damage appraisals.
Handle all reports of damage to company vehicles. Refer claims to our liability carrier when warranted.
Pursue and complete post-secondary education if applicable, participate in company sponsored educational programs.
- Participate in CAT when necessary. Set up and manage on-site drive through and manage the APD work of company assets or independent firms and salvors as required.
- Two year college degree is required, four year college degree is preferred.
- 5 years of APD and Property related exposure preferred
- Experience with APD/appraisal, salvage for both APD & Property insurance function/operations
- APD CAT exposure, either as a CAT team member or oversight of CATs
- Command of excel, proficient in developing and reading operational reports, disposition and performance metrics interpretation a must
- Exposure to vendor management, training, contract interpretation and workflow design a plus.