If you are interested in a challenging, rewarding internship with a leading Indiana company,Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting learning opportunity!
Our formal summer internship program offers the best development experience possible:
- Opportunities across the organization that include insurance, technology, marketing, communications and accounting
- An introduction to the company from our executive leadership team
- Real world hands on experiences working with a team of experts
- Job shadowing opportunities across the company tailored to your specific interests
- A mix of students and majors from leading Indiana universities
- An exciting series of “field trips” to gain industry experience
- Interaction with previous intern classes working at the company
- A formal capstone presentation to the executive leadership team
We are looking for two actuarial interns (P&C and Life) to handle a variety of actuarial functions including: compile and compute data according to statistical formulas, perform actuarial computations and compile charts and graphs.
Why Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance:
- An iconic Indiana company that has protected Hoosiers since 1934. We are a leader in auto and homeowners insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in the Hoosier state.
- An organization that values work/life balance in a collegial team focused environment.
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center.
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our ideal intern can:
- Learn and work on aspects of the insurance process, including policy language, rate manuals, rating, underwriting, claims and sales.
- Compute and analyze data, using statistical formulas.
- Effectively communicate information, suggestions, recommendations, and decisions to designated areas.
- Compile reports, charts and graphs that describe and interpret findings of analyses.
- File data and related information and maintain and update databases.
- Become familiar with data sources and requirements; retrieve and manipulate data.
- Estimate future loss and premium results.
- Develop knowledge of actuarial methodologies
- Pursing a Bachelor's degree in actuarial sciences or relevant mathematical field?
- Able to maintain established performance standards of accuracy and quality? Volume, timeliness, and accuracy of work must meet Company goals.
- Able to comprehend actuarial concepts and other advanced statistical concepts?
- Able to think logically and perform accurate calculations in a timely manner?
- Able related spreadsheet and database software?
- Strong at problem solving and analytical thinking?
Employer: Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Job Reference: 16-0187
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Salary: Not Specified