If you are interested in a challenging, rewarding internship with a leading Indiana company,Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting learning opportunity!
Our formal summer internship program offers the best development experience possible:
- Opportunities across the organization that include insurance, technology, marketing, communications and accounting
- An introduction to the company from our executive leadership team
- Real world hands on experiences working with a team of experts
- Job shadowing opportunities across the company tailored to your specific interests
- A mix of students and majors from leading Indiana universities
- An exciting series of “field trips” to gain industry experience
- Interaction with previous intern classes working at the company
- A formal capstone presentation to the executive leadership team
We are looking for an internal audit IT intern to assess risks associated with information systems.
Why Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance:
- An iconic Indiana company that has protected Hoosiers since 1934. We are a leader in auto and homeowners insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in the Hoosier state.
- An organization that values work/life balance in a collegial team focused environment.
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center.
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our ideal intern can:
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of control techniques and resource utilization.
- Utilize the computer as an audit tool in the selection and implementation of computer assisted auditing techniques.
- Assist operational auditors in aspects of their engagements that are information system oriented.
- Assess risks associated with information systems and perform phases of an engagement in accordance with an approved audit program.
- Review controls related to the administration of the network infrastructure (i.e., security, firewall, backup, monitoring, asset management, physical security, and testing and disaster recovery/prevention).
- Verify computer systems are functioning properly by reviewing application system specifications to ensure controls are adequate and operational, and by testing transactions to ensure risks are minimized.
- Evaluate general controls implemented through operating software. These packages include operating systems, communications, security, scheduling and library systems and expert systems.
- Analyze Company records to determine compliance with established policies and procedures. Performs follow-up procedures and reports on the adequacy of actions taken to correct previously noted conditions.
- Suggest improvements to operational and administrative procedures.
- Add value to the coordinated internal/external audit effort and provides assistance during examinations performed by regulatory agencies.
- Pursuing a four-year college degree in accounting, business management or computer science? Candidates for degrees in other business disciplines may be considered if other qualifications are compensatory.
- Knowledgeable in planning, design, review and implementation of application programs?
- Knowledgeable in programming languages, analysis and design of mainframe and personal computer systems?
- Able to analyze and interpret complex engagement data and understand computer data, security and operations.
- Able to fulfill responsibilities with professional proficiency as defined in the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal auditing as published by the Institute of Internal auditors?
- Able to work within the guidelines of the Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance audit approach?
Employer: Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Job Reference: 16-0189
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Salary: Not Specified
Categories: Premium Audit