Under general direction, this position has accountability for results within the auto claim line of business including working with Corporate Claim in the development and successful execution of national and local claim strategies and to ensure claim policies, procedures, and service standards are implemented and maintained within assigned line of business. Leadership responsibilities including the selection, training, development, performance management and compensation administration of staff. This position is a manager of managers.
Attract, Retain and Develop World Class Talent:
- Accountable for the selection, training and development of staff to ensure succession plan and talent retention.
- Manages staff performance; implementing strategies and plans to address staff development; provide frequent performance feedback.
- Evaluates claim behaviors, and develop and implement strategies and plans to address staff professional development including Associate Manager.
- Makes certain training needs are identified and addressed on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for the performance assessment and determination of compensation for assigned staff.
- Serves as a leadership role model to strengthen the development of the staff by sharing knowledge, experience and taking responsible risks to improve individual and team performance.
Provide Compelling Claim Services:
- Employs proper claim handling techniques to protect the integrity of Travelers brand and providing consistent service quality and streamlined processes to add value for our customers.
- Drives local claim strategy/execution through effective communication and endorsing a perpetual improvement mindset.
- Identifies business drivers and trends from rigorously analyzing claim data.
- Works directly with Claim Center Vice President, Claim Product teams to understand, develop and implement national strategies and provide input on new strategies.
- Provides guidance and direction to Associate Manager, Unit Managers and claim professionals through a continuous process of management involvement and claim file review.
- Evaluates claim behaviors, taking improvement actions as appropriate.
- Responsible for product quality alignment with Claim Product strategy.
- Seeks information on, supports, and communicates claim philosophies.
- Ensures successful service and product delivery.
Drive the Information Advantage:
- Successfully leverage data, management information and technology to identify and make the most of opportunities to support business strategies and improve results.
Achieve Optimal Solutions:
- Focuses on resolution and process improvement, fulfilling all obligations while maximizing cost effectiveness, helping the business understand drivers, trends and product stress points and helping our partners attract and retain business.
- Develops, implements, and adjusts product line staffing/operating expense budget in support of claim strategies by proactively monitoring notice and volume trends in conjunction with local business market growth projections/plans.
- As a member of the local Executive Management Team, provides input, insight, and assistance to other Product Leads ensuring the success of the local office as a whole. Independent hands on involvement in appropriate claim files.
Partner for Mutual Success:
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, business partners, customers, agents, regulatory agencies and others to achieve organizational goals and create better outcomes.
- Acts as Field liaison with claim partners in Staff Counsel, Travelers Investigative Services, Risk Control, and Nurse Programs.
- Maintains productive and useful relationships with customers, business partners and organizational peers based on meaningful and timely exchange of information.
- Coordinates and supports marketing by participating in sales and account management process.
- Representing the Company, ensures strong business relations, issues and complaints resolution, and the acquisition and retention of profitable business.
Other duties as assigned
Span of control - 4-10 Unit Managers and/or 1-3 Associate Managers
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, including:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the auto claim line of business.
- Skilled in coverage, liability and damages analysis and has an understanding of the litigation process, relevant case and statutory law and litigation management skills for line of business.
- A minimum of 7 years of claim management experience with experience managing managers required.
- Experience handling complex claims including coverage analysis preferred.
- General knowledge and understanding of marketing, underwriting and account management processes.
Leading the Business:
- Strategic planning - Develops long-term objectives and strategies; translates vision into realistic business strategies.
- Analytical Thinking - Identifies current or future problems or opportunities; analyzes, synthesizes and compares information to understand issues; identifies cause/effect relationships; and explores alternative solutions that support sound decision-making.
- Leading employees - Delegates to employees effectively broadens employee opportunities, acts with fairness toward direct reports, and hires talented people for his/her team.
- Forging synergy - Maintains smooth, effective working relationships; promotes effective teamwork.
- Building collaborative relationships - Builds productive working relationships with co-workers and external parties.
- Communicating effectively - Expresses ideas clearly and concisely; disseminates information about decisions, plans and activities.
- Openness to influence, flexibility - Takes ideas different from own seriously; shares responsibility and collaborates with others; accepts criticism well; doesn't assume a single best way.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE