Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking motivated nursing professional to join our team. The position requires the person to:
- Collaborate with claim associates to provide expertise in the investigation, evaluation, and appropriate resolution of injury claims.
- Evaluate medical records to provide insight on issues regarding relatedness of conditions to the injury and appropriate, cost-effective utilization of medical treatment and services.
- Collaborate in the development and evaluation of medical cost projections for claims reserving and settlement analysis.
- Prepare and deliver training to claim staff via a variety of modalities including written materials, live presentations, WebEx and/or telephonic presentations.
- Assist as a liaison and advisor for associates communicating with healthcare providers.
- Research healthcare-related issues such as new and emerging treatments, experimental therapy, and appropriate facilities or treatment.
- Assist in developing, evaluating, and maintaining vendor and consultant expectations and relationships.
- Negotiate rates with local healthcare providers including nursing homes, sub-acute facilities, and attendant care agencies.
- Identify opportunities, develop, and implement new clinical programs as well as improve existing programs and procedures.
- Document consultations as appropriate in the claim file.
- Maintain a high level of clinical expertise on injury-related topics and continuously seek opportunities to expand knowledge base and advance clinical skills
- Willing to travel, visit branches, attend local/regional meetings/seminars, and attend other training classes as required.
- Assist with other duties in various departments, including Workers Compensation, PIP, Automobile, P&C, Life, Death & Disability, SIU, or elsewhere on request.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Active license in Michigan required. BSN highly preferred. Certification as a CCM, CIRS, CDMS, CRRN, or COHN is desirable. CCNLCP or CLCP or other lifetime planner certification a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms, read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, and document consultations as appropriate in the claim file.
- Above average problem resolution and communication skills. This person should be able to analyze details, make decisions, demonstrate innovativeness and continually seek more efficient ways to process and handle work.
- Strong clinical background in orthopedics, neurology, rehabilitation or trauma care is preferred. Case management and insurance experience a plus.
Competitive salary, matching 401K retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company comprised of five subsidiary property and casualty companies and one Life Company. We were formed in 1916; we operate in twenty-six states and are proud to be ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002, with written premium of over $5 billion. Our corporate headquarters is located in Lansing, Michigan. Auto-Owners Insurance offers a wide range of career opportunities and welcomes candidates from all majors. We offer a friendly work environment, in-depth training, employee mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. To learn more about career opportunities available please visit our website at www.auto-owners.com.