Insurance Policy Specialist III
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Summary: Compiles policy data, prepares policy output that complies with state filings and creates the policy financial records required to support the policy and endorsement issuance activities of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Has the ability to perform the Policy Processor job duties and responsibilities.
- Prepares new/renewal policy output that complies with state filings and accurately reflects the risk details the company has agreed to insure. Coordinates/communicates with underwriter as required.
- Prepares policy output that complies with state filings for monetary and non-monetary policy change requests. Coordinates/communicates with underwriter a required.
- Prepares certificate output that complies with company standards/guidelines.
- Generate renewal submissions and assign to underwriter according to guideline.
- Performs quality review of policy output prepared by peers to confirm compliance of procedures and state filings.
- Verify and finalize coverage and premium policy records that are utilized to produce billing statements and company financials.
- Monitors and prioritizes electronic requests for change.
- Process endorsement billing in system of record; resolve and maintain a current status on failed endorsement billings.
- On a monthly basis, participates in audit review of monthly premium production; verify the company financials reflect the policy coverage and premium communicated to the agent and insured.
- Answer calls from agents to assist with service needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to five years related Operations experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and procedural memos. Ability to write general correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one or small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MC Office software; payroll systems; internet software and database software experience a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and expansive reading.
Apply for Insurance Policy Specialist III
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly