Organic Search Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The Organic Search Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the organic enterprise (Allstate.com) and local search strategy (agent websites). This role will also be accountable for growing organic traffic and conversions across all Allstate digital properties including local, social and mobile.
Scope & Responsibility
- Develop and execute the organic enterprise and local search strategy and ensure consistency and adherence across the organization
- Develop and execute the local search strategy supporting our agent network
- Outline a content lead link building strategy for both enterprise and local opportunities
- Define, monitor and scale testing plans to optimize organic search performance
- Monitor and report on overall Allstate digital health as is relates to organic performance
- Make high value topic recommendations to content and social teams and ensure proper search optimization techniques are being adhered to.
- Stay current with industry trends / best practices and modify the strategy accordingly
- Work with different Allstate departments to provide search guidance and direction on ongoing digital initiatives.
• 8+ years of digital marketing experience, preferably working with a large brand
• Minimum 3 years of organic search experience (including local search)
• Project management in a web environment to ensure deadlines and budgets are met
• Experience managing 3rd party vendors
• Experience leading a team
• Familiarity with leading digital marketing tools and platforms
• Strong technical aptitude in order to communicate with development teams
• Proven ability to identify and create process to ensure integration across the business
• Superior analytic skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to anticipate and respond to digital landscape changes.
• Digital optimization for a multi-location brand a plus
• Experience working with SMBs a plus
• Bachelors degree required
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.