- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position is for an Application Manager in Allstate Online Sales. Allstate Online Sales provides customer the ability to Quote different types of insurance. As part of the Online Sales team, we are looking for an experienced Application Manger to assist us with further enhancing and developing the online sales capabilities by leading the technical analysis, design, and development and testing for complex projects and processes.
The Application Manager of Online Sales will maintain both managerial and delivery responsibilities. The Application Manager directs a team of Developers, System's Analysts, and Business Analysts, and is responsible for capacity planning, work assignments and talent management.
The Application Manager will develop and practice a range of capabilities (but not limited to): analytics/management intelligence, demand management, internal/external partner management, business partner satisfaction/experience, staff development, communications, quality and continuous improvement.
• Delivery of business capability through Online Services applications
• Direct resources to plan, build, and run technology-based solutions consistent with Allstate's implementation methodology.
• Leverage administrative tools to assign work and produce reports such as project dashboards, capacity plans, and resource utilization.
• Manage teams that produce large, complex programs which are highly visible and critical to the business.
• Budget and manage resources – both human and financial – to run programs, projects and the team within stated targets.
• Career development for direct reports
• Conduct meaningful talent management practices with direct report coworkers, including timely and honest performance feedback, assessment of potential, and career planning.
• Mentor and coach direct report coworkers and ensure their professional development through continuing education and participation in domain, trade, or industry affiliations/associations.
• Develop a positive relationship with the business partners and be willing to have difficult conversations as necessary.
• Assemble and deliver ongoing business partner and intra-departmental communications, including status updates, and/or presentations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
• 10 years' experience in client facing, delivery, and business analysis and design roles.
• 4 years' experience implementing technology-based solutions and/or re-engineering business processes.
• 4 years' experience managing and leading a team.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
• Experience in managing programs and projects using a project management methodology.
• Demonstrated thought leadership through problem solving skills with an understanding of the customer experience.
• Experience in managing costs, schedules and budget-to-actual financial forecasting and reporting.
• Experience in managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a semi-matrixes organization.
• Demonstrated ability to support the needs of the project team and internal stakeholders, while holding team members accountable for completion. Ability to identify and remove barriers to progress.
• Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across the company and departments at all levels.
• Experience in web based software development.
• Experience with working/developing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model a plus.
• Experience with working/developing in Angular,JS .NET/C#, CSS, HTML AJAX, JAVA a plus.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous efforts across the organization.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.