Product Operations Consultant - Encompass
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
This job family is housed within the Encompass Product Operations department and leads the development of analytical data and execution of state strategy in support of business goals. Responsibilities include interfacing with several internal customers in areas such as State Management, Line Management, Sales, Technology, State Filings and other teams within Encompass Product Operations.
This experienced level consultant's role will recommend, coordinate and complete projects, analysis and analytics that include but are not limited to: measurement of minor and major initiatives, underwriting revisions, compliance projects, system inquiries, profitability analysis, call logs, re-rate analysis, competitive intelligence and other assignments of moderate to high complexity. The senior consultant will also serve as a primary contact point for issue identification and resolution for external parties including Sales and independent agencies.
- Leverages familiarity with and utilizes available current data sources/tools and measurement processes to design, create and maintain analytical support for state product teams with an appreciation for state-specific nuances;
- Understands how each data source and tool is used to support various analyses (e.g. Business Objects databases such as Interlink Analytics, ActMart, etc…)
- Performs reasonability checks and understands the data and measurement results to support the decision-making process
- Considers the relative merits of data from multiple sources and reconciles data and divergent issues, and recommends potential enhancements to facilitate easier assimilation
- Generates monthly reports including high-level summaries and recommendations for additional analysis/action by state managers including but not limited to New Business Policy Detail, Trailing Documents, and quote data
- Owns and creates documents, procedures and communication vehicles to be used by state managers (e.g. task-specific job aids and checklists) to influence product design, business strategy, and underwriting philosophy.
- Develops familiarity with non-traditional sources of competitive intelligence and utilizes information from sources such as Mintel, industry articles, news, and state-specific department of insurance filing databases in support of the Encompass Competitive Intelligence Team (i.e. Introduction/changes to state-specific discounts or rating plans and new rate/rule/underwriting filings)
- Determines and executes on comprehensive work plans to coordinate product-related aspects of moderate- to high-complexity projects across various disciplines (e.g. Product/Contract), including formal documentation of requirements, processes, workflow analysis and communication to interested parties;
- Creates pre-implementation expectations of costs and benefits, including changes in key financial measures
- Creates post-implementation measurement and management summaries
- Understands P&L and finance report data with the ability to identify potential pressure points or emerging trends for state product teams
- Familiarity with state regulatory environments and specific regulations in order to provide analytical support to recommend decisions to state managers about the implementation of Pricing/Product changes (including, but not limited to, rate/rule changes and minor/major initiatives)
- Understands the business of Insurance (Encompass) in order to improve outreach to other Areas Of Responsibility
- Understands auto and home insurance, coverage(s) included and excluded, contracts of adhesion and claims settlement practices
- 3-5 years of related experience; college degree preferred
- Insurance and/or pricing knowledge and experience in P&C industry is preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- High-level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
- Strong decision-making and problem- solving skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail; can analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve data issues of basic to moderate complexity
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.