Underwriter- Commercial Package Lines
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
NSM Insurance Group has a current opening for a Commercial Lines Package Program Underwriter for our Care Providers Insurance Services program located in our Jericho , NYoffice.
This position will report directly to the Northeast Regional Director and will be responsible for daily contact with agents within the Social Services marketplace, discussing risks, negotiating on pricing, coverage, acceptability and providing additional information.
Care Providers Insurance Services offers a comprehensive insurance package to those in the non-profit and social services market. The program was designed specifically to service those whose mission is to help others.
- Generating, underwriting and analyzing of complex multi-line accounts.
- Risk selection by qualifying leads and identifying target markets.
- Communication with brokers for new and renewal business.
- Pricing and issuance of multiples quotes with selected markets.
- Development and maintenance of strong broker relationships including visitation.
- Thorough documentation of underwriting file.
- Monitors claims activity and reporting.
- Work closely with Manager in negotiation and handling of larger accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; at least 2+ years of commercial multi-line underwriting experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong broker relationships.
- Proven track record of successful sales/production experience.
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and close deals.
- Ability to work independently and possess excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Great interpersonal & team building skills.
Apply for Underwriter- Commercial Package Lines
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly