SPS-Sourcing-Sr Cons I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
A Sourcing Senior Consultant sources and manages a combination of assignments and commodities/categories of moderate complexity and risk in support of Sourcing & Procurement Solutions (SPS) objectives. The primary category focus for this role is Human Resource and Consulting Professional Services. The categories include health & welfare benefits, training & education, recruiting, and consulting services. This role consults with clients by coordinating sourcing/project teams and advisory boards. This role utilizes the Strategic Sourcing Methodology to deliver procurement value which enables clients to deliver on their commitments. This role assists in recommending and developing policies, procedures and reports to govern internal usage of medium complexity spend categories, and drafts communications, compliance/usage reports, memos, presentation materials, and demand management policy/guidelines in support of assigned commodities/ assignments.
For assigned category, projects, or business clients, responsibilities may include:
Sourcing & Category Management
• Proactively assess sourcing and category opportunities by gathering spend information, company purchasing patterns, competitive position, structured analysis of supplier/category industry, economics, market conditions, and expiring contracts.
• Collaborate with clients to understand their business needs and objectives and establish requirements.
• Partner with others to establish sourcing strategies which include evaluation of sourcing alternatives, identifying the sourcing approach, and establishing project plan / timeline to deliver an effective sourcing solution.
• Help execute sourcing strategies for key projects which includes ability to create and utilize the most appropriate sourcing tools / templates, align business client needs, identify supply alternatives (inclusive of diverse suppliers), effectively communicate with suppliers, and influence cross functional teams / advisory groups.
• Develop supplier selection criteria and gain client alignment; facilitate cross functional teams to evaluate supplier responses to select finalists (participate if appropriate) and effectively communicate the impact of sourcing decisions to involved clients, management, impacted employees and suppliers, as appropriate.
• Negotiate contract terms and perform all aspects of the contract process:
• Gather and/or jointly develop and document client requirements.
• Establish and execute a negotiation strategy.
• Conduct contract and price negotiations with supplier.
• Collaborate and communicate with Information Security, Legal, Privacy, Risk Management, Treasury, and internal client throughout the contracting process to develop and document final terms and conditions that comply with requirements.
• Execute all contracts in the contract repository.
• Develop and execute an overarching category strategy and plan for applicable categories.
• Perform Supplier Performance Management (SPM) for assigned commodities including contract inventory, segmentation, risk assessments, contingency planning and validation of right pricing.
• Assist in the creation and implementation of a SPM plan and internal compliance standards and measurements.
Bachelors degree in business, supply chain, or related field
· MBA a plus
· CPM or CPSM designation preferred
· 5 - 7 years of business experience, including significant experience in sourcing and procurement or equivalent
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in assigned Professional Services categories preferred
· Experience contracting with foreign/international suppliers preferred (e.g. Canada, Northern Ireland, and India)
· Intermediate knowledge of procurement techniques and principles
· Sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, supplier diversity, industry/trend analysis, metrics/measurement, etc.
· Procurement tools (i.e., financial reporting tools, contract management tool, reverse auctions, etc.)
· Knowledge of assigned commodity industry / marketplace
· Sourcing for moderate complexity commodities/categories
· Experience with RFP development and execution
· Negotiations experience
· Ability to prioritize projects and review with management
· Analytical capabilities, including cost models
· Ability to assist with issue analysis, solution development, and conflict resolution
· Customer focus
· With management direction, ability to formulate strategies and approaches to achieve project objectives
· Awareness of corporate and SPS goals
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Demonstration of continued development via obtainment of professional designations (e.g., CPM, CPSM)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.