At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Our Research and Development Analysts have the important task of looking at data for different products to understand their potential and impact on our company. In this role, you will develop predictive models, use linear modeling, regression analysis, ANOVA, data mining and your statistical savvy to determine how a product could work if released, how it should be priced and consider what changes could be made to improve it. You'll research new ideas to refine our product offerings, develop insurance rating models and complete company-wide product performance analysis. With strong skills in problem solving and communication, you'll develop project plans, retrieve data from various sources, prepare data and present your recommendations to peers and managers.
• Master's degree with an emphasis in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or Operations Research and at least 5 years of analysis experience; Ph.D. highly preferred
• Ability to develop predictive data models using statistical, mathematical or data mining methods
• Intermediate to advanced programming skills using software such as SAS or R
• Advanced skills in Excel with knowledge of spreadsheet functionality including V-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing and macros
• Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong critical thinking and problem resolution skills
• Proven project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
Benefits & Perks:
As the fourth largest auto insurance company, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. You'll also benefit from:
• Annual gainshare bonus of up to 30% of your salary! Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
• Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
• Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
• Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
• Wellness program with discounts & rewards, and onsite gym at our large locations
• Onsite healthcare at large locations and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
• Relocation assistance to Northeast Ohio available; learn more about all Cleveland has to offer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56p2ENKC1Bw
Apply now to find a job you'll love!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Progressive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate. Sponsorship is available for this position.
Job: Business Analysis Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Mayfield Village Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular