When most people search for a job, what they are looking for are opportunities to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible for you. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, you will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples' lives.
On the job or participating in one of the many community activities Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is involved in, you will know that you are making an impact on the communities we serve. If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment,Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
The Application Architect is responsible for managing the overall architecture and design of enterprise application systems. Works closely with other IS teams to ensure consistency with enterprise and data architecture frameworks. Evaluates Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance's overall IS architecture. Is accountable for the design and planning of enterprise infrastructure services including integration, Internet collaboration, security, hardware/software and network. Reports to Manager, Web Development.
We are looking for who someone can:
- Ensure an application's design aligns and evolves with IS direction, and leverages the company's technical environment including legacy application to maximize operational performance and business value.
- Analyze and review software application decisions within the IS division to ensure they conform to the overall IS Corporate vision. Develop methods of cost control or reduction in order to contribute to the profitability of the Company.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of IBM mainframe, Windows Servers, and similar computers and their operating systems. Maintains an advanced level of development standards, methodology, frameworks across different technology platforms.
- Provides guidance to other project teams. Mentors and coaches developers on specific industry best practices. Keeps up to date with industry best practices and trends.
We can offer you:
- An iconic Indiana company that has protected Hoosiers since 1934. We are a leader in auto and homeowners insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in the Hoosier state.
- An organization that values work/life balance in a collegial team focused environment.
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center.
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K, a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program.
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment.
Employer: Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Job Reference: 16-0174
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Salary: Not Specified