Underwriter - Commercial Lines
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Germania Insurance is currently looking for a Commercial Lines Underwriter at our corporate office in Brenham, Texas! This position will not allow a candidate to work from home.
Initial Job Description
Accepts or declines offerings of new Commercial Lines business submitted by producers.
Performs customer service duties including but not limited to responding to general questions and inquiries for the Commercial Lines of business assigned.
Reviews, accepts or declines more complex, unusual or high value risks.
Evaluates risk according to the underwriting guidelines and susceptibility to damage due to nature, location of property, operations, physical and moral hazards involved, and underwriting precedent and experience. Checks information received concerning risks – inspection reports, MVRs, CLUE, photos, and agent advisories. Recommends risk improvements as indicated. Researches and assist agents in determining appropriate coverage for submissions. Determines appropriate pricing for exposure.
- Prior Commercial Lines Underwriting experience.
- Exhibits a broad knowledge of:
- coverage for all lines of commercial business, and
- facultative reinsurance treaty requirements.
- Exhibits a broad knowledge of all Commercial Lines terms and forms.
4. Exhibits a basic knowledge of the rating elements for all lines of commercial business.
Apply for Underwriter - Commercial Lines
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly