- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
Provides underwriting support and rating assistance to Underwriters, Underwriting Supervisors and Territory Managers. Assists with servicing accounts by obtaining, organizing and compiling information required to process work, resolve problems, and issue policies.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of rating and processing all lines of commercial insurance written by BMAG; to include CGL, Property, Packages, BOP, Auto, Crime, IM, Umbrella and WC.
- Three or more years of insurance experience or other applicable business experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills, demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Gathers additional underwriting information needed to determine risk acceptability and appropriate pricing.
-Additional information may include: rating information, loss control reports, D&B reports, motor vehicle records, etc.
-Accurate and timely evaluation of new business, renewals and endorsements within authority. This includes:
o Review of all new and renewal submissions
o Ordering and securing all necessary underwriting reports to assist in the underwriting decision (i.e.GDM, loss control, MVR’s, ISO reports, etc.)
-Assist in the review and preparation of new business, renewals and endorsements by ensuring that accurate and complete information is sent to USD for processing.
-Reviews, analyzes, and resolves issues as requested from agents.
-Maintains established quality and timeliness standards.
- Provides timely, courteous and efficient service to all internal and external customers.
- Documents files with the appropriate underwriting/rating information to assure activity, analysis and risk evaluation is clear, concise and complete.
- Adheres to assigned authority level and promptly refers items that exceed authority.
- Responds to billing inquiries from customers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply for Underwriting Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly