Financial Compliance Analyst - Allstate Dealership Services
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Analyst II will execute the audit plan (measurement, reporting and issue tracking) by preparing monthly data from agent sales and identify issues and areas of improvement. The role will leverage data, technology, business relationships and team members to develop compelling story lines, deepen client insights and recommend innovative solutions to guide strategy and operations. The analyst will be responsible for maintaining ADS Finance's credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial data, reporting and consultation.
- Prepare and maintain audit workpapers, generate monthly dealer sales data file, and maintain records in accordance with retention policy
- Assist other staff in performing monthly audits of dealer sales data and identify exceptions based upon predefined criteria
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and effectively communicate findings to Manager
- Track open audit issues and provide monthly updates to staff, Manager and Sales Team
- Evaluate Division's operational controls and provide ongoing internal control consulting
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting including dealer-specific issue memos
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives
- Develop presentation for quarterly results communication to ADS Senior Leadership
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
- 1+ years' experience within any of the following areas: Accounting, Banking, Financial Services, Finance, Insurance, or Internal Audit a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as in a strong team environment
- Analytical skills to compile information requiring combinations of data from multiple sources, the ability to work with numbers and formulas
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Microsoft Office software- intermediate PC skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to create and manipulate Excel based spreadsheets
- Ability to create reports using a variety of tools (i.e.; Excel, PowerPoint)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.