Senior Business Analytics Engineer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Quantitative Research and Analytics (QR&A) Business Analytics Engineer (BAE) Sr Consultant II position is a lead analyst position responsible for coordinating, managing the development of analytical solutions to help make business decisions. The Sr Consultant is responsible for providing high complexity analytical and data driven solutions to key business stakeholders. Moves projects from research and development to operational.
- Successfully builds and maintains relationships with business stakeholders both internal and external of QR&A
- Works to identify and engage stakeholders
- Able to connect people and existing/ongoing work to business problems
- Starts to work with business partners to contribute to strategic vision
- Understands the business in their focus area and how potential actions will influence the business
- With no direction develops appropriate analytical solutions for business problems
- Leads moderately complex medium impact projects from ideation to delivery in an Agile framework, with an emphasis on measurable, value add deliverables
- Able to contribute to high complexity projects
- Communicates clearly throughout the project process to all parties involved about scope, timeline, issues and any changes to them
- Ensures partnership through the development process to in order to ensure the successful transition of moderately complex research to an operational state within the business unit
- Documents all communications, processes, data and considerations involved in the project
- Uses a variety of data sources to better understand business results
- Identifies potential out of pattern elements in our business results and drives action based off of the information
- Bachelor Degree: Business or Technical
- Intermediate: Knowledge of insurance business operations.
- Beginner/Intermediate Customer Focus: Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Beginner/Intermediate Analytical Thinking: Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
- Intermediate Business Acumen: Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Beginner/Intermediate Business Analytics: Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
- Intermediate Consulting: Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external of QR&A; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Intermediate Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
- Beginner/Intermediate Effective Communications: Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Beginner/Intermediate: Microsoft Office Suite
- Beginner/Intermediate: SQL, R, Python, Tableau or other analytical tools
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.