Business System Analyst (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Our vision is to be the premier provider of property insurance in Catastrophe exposed areas. All our business practices and processes are carried out with the end in mind of achieving five foundations of our organization; Financial Stability, Products that Work, Superior Claims/Customer Service; Ease of Doing Business and Fair Pricing. Our mission is to “Keep the Promise® – to our policyholders, our agents, our shareholders and to our stakeholders.Summary of Position:
The Business Systems Analyst (“BSA”) is the department resource who will work with Product Management, Underwriting, and IT to deliver an efficient, cost effective, accurate policy administration system that will exceed customer expectations. This will include gathering and documenting business requirements; creating test cases; performing systems analysis and testing; managing project priorities; maintaining documentation on system functionality. This position is also responsible for coordinating changes, training and communications with UPC internal departments including but not limited to Claims, Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, and Accounting; and external customers such as our BPO providers and 3rd party vendors.Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Document detailed business requirements of systems necessary to administer policies in accordance with all rules, rates and guidelines as established by product management and underwriting.
- Articulate and confirm understanding of business requirements to IT developers
- Create test cases of all functionality for end to end system testing
- Assist with testing and document defects for resolution
- Perform quality checks to ensure accurate ongoing system functionality
- Document system functionality
- Create training materials
- Initiate Agent Bulletins and provide technical input for content
Performance criteria shall include achievement of tasks set out in the position description, annual major objectives, and the completion of special assignments including:
- Building Rapport
- Client/Customer Awareness
- Interpersonal Relations
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Organizing/Planning Ability
- Personal Work Ethic
- Analytical Skills
- Understanding of Underwriting Principles, Regulatory Compliance, and Best Practices of delivering products and services of P&C products.
- Working knowledge of business systems and software including understanding how Information Technology can be leveraged in the P&C industry.
- Bachelor's Degree desired
- Relevant work experience related to business and system analysis.
- Five or more years (5+) of P&C experience, preferably property insurance
- Demonstrated success in a fast paced team oriented environment.
The duties of this position are typically performed in an office setting. There may be some minimal road and air travel involved.Physical Requirements:
This position requires minimal physical exertion. However, in order to properly perform the functions of the job, good speaking and hearing skills are required.Mental Requirements:
Skills necessary for the effective performance of this position's job functions include: decision-making and analytical abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, effective problem-solving, oral and written communication capabilities, ability to fully utilize computers and computer programs.Equipment Used:
Computers, calculators, telephones.
This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work performed. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities will typically be performed by the incumbent.
Apply for Business System Analyst (St. Petersburg, FL)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly