Engle Martin is a leading national independent loss adjusting and claims management provider. We provide a comprehensive line of service offerings including commercial property, casualty, inland marine/cargo, heavy equipment and large loss adjusting, as well as TPA/claims management and subrogation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for a Senior Property Adjuster field position. The Senior Property Adjuster effectively determines and communicates the extent of loss or damage associated with commercial property claims in a variety of business classes.
- Investigates insurance claims in any of a variety of settings.
- Uses knowledge of property and construction, and/or knowledge of the specific industry or business affected, personally conduct property inspections and photograph claim sites as necessary to depict and substantiate losses or damage, or the lack thereof.
- Obtains necessary information from the claimant and from experts such as architects, engineers, builders, construction workers, police officers, health care practitioners, accountants, and others to fully and accurately assess the extent of the loss.
- Works cooperatively with expert witnesses, attorneys, public adjusters, and carrier's examiners as needed to conduct investigations, confirm findings and support evaluations.
- Applies understanding of insurance policies and policy interpretation, establishing appropriate loss estimates based on all relevant information and findings.
- Recommends the reasonable and proper amount the insurance company should pay on a claim.
- Ensures the accuracy of information collected and reported and guard against fraudulent claims, based on critical issues identified and accurate conclusions drawn.
- Prepares accurate, clear, thorough, and concise reports and letters to insurance carriers on conclusions and recommendations.
- Maintains accurate, thorough field notes, journal entries, and time and expense records as required.
- Ability to understand claims adjudication process
- Sound knowledge of commercial and residential construction industries and/or basic knowledge of automotive and transportation industry desirable
- Knowledge of property claim law; skills in analyzing, interpreting, synthesizing, prioritizing, and reporting pertinent information and discerning the essential from the non-essential
- Research and investigative abilities; negotiating, conflict resolution and persuasion abilities
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field, or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in commercial property adjusting or other insurance-related work is helpful, though not essential.
- Active license, or ability to promptly obtain such, in the assigned state(s).
THE ENGLE MARTIN WAY: TOGETHER, IMPACTING LIVES AND SERVING WITH PASSION.
Engle Martin & Associates is dedicated to providing a culture of care, compassion, and respect among its employees, clients, and business partners. We recognize and celebrate the value of our employees’ contributions through initiatives such as the peer-nominated EMpact award and development of The EM Way. We also believe that it is critical to invest in the personal and professional development of our employees; therefore, we provide training opportunities through Engle Martin University, encourage industry association involvement, and support professional designations and certifications. Additionally, Engle Martin is committed to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures through activities such as Kaizen events featuring cross-functional team representatives.
Engle Martin recognizes, too, that it’s our responsibility to be a good corporate citizen, not only inside our organization but also within the community. Our company applauds community outreach across the country through our local EMbrace teams and promotes giving back to our communities through corporate charitable donation and employee donation match programs.