Business Analyst / Product Owner / Developer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Explaining, reinforcing acceptance criteria with Software and QA Engineers
- Gathers business requirements and translates into technical requirements for the creation of mobile app enhancements and features
- Functions as the liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle
- Work with current and potential customers to determine product features
- Manage custom partner implementations and relationships
- Facilitate releases and prepare client-facing documentation
- Acting as a proxy for end user and clients for the internal team
- Being able to develop web and mobile applications as needed
- A proven ability to meet goals in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Strong technical expertise in mobile apps and web.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- 1 – 3 years of experience as a product owner
- 1+ years experience developing and analyzing user stories, epics and/or story boards working closely with business owners, clients, design, and development team.
- 4+ years experience as a business analyst.
- 8+ years of overall IT experience with significant experience in web or mobile development.
- Certified Scrum Product Owners (CSPO) - preferred
- Produce timely and high quality requirements-related work products, including requirement specifications, process flows, mock-ups and wireframes.
- Answer questions and clarify requirements for projects and enhancements during the estimation process.
- Plan, facilitate and execute system / functional testing and UAT for projects and enhancements.
- Understand core systems, applications and technical platforms.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum / XP / Lean methodologies.
- Ability to translate business requirements as the “customer representative” into Agile prioritizing backlog.
- Extensive experience planning, facilitating, eliciting, documenting and managing business, functional and technical requirements.
- Experienced in test planning, test case development and execution.
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with the Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Office
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
- Insurance industry experience a plus.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.