Commercial Litigation Property and Casualty Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This job is responsible for investigating the most complex, major, or specialized commercial auto or property claims when an attorney is representing the injured party, which may include high limits, high dollar exposure, complex litigation, or significant customer issues. The individual handles highly complex uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims, extra-contractual liability claims, or specialized claims (e.g., business interruption, loss of income, E&O policies, etc.). Property claims include General Liability, Premises Liability, Cosmetology, Board of Managers, etc. Highly complex claims involved in litigation, arbitration or mediation, coordinating with legal counsel and participating in depositions, hearings, trial, or arbitrations. The individual takes recorded statements, resolves loss of use claims, issues payments to appropriate parties, and negotiates and settles bodily injury issues. The individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention while verifying coverage, investigating and determining liability, and negotiating and settling highly complex claims. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees and provides mentoring and coaching to the team. The individual works independently, prioritizes the individual's own responsibilities, and manages the individual's own workload. The individual consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals. Level CL7 should be reserved for very high limits, major, and litigation claims.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages, researches, and resolves highly complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; recommends, designs, and implements personal and business unit action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Determines and explains minimum coverage limits in moderately complex and occasionally complex commercial policy claims involving single or multiple claimants
- Takes recorded statements from claimants, insured's, witnesses, medical providers, etc., conducts investigations into highly complex auto or property accidents involving commercial policy holders, determines liability, and prepares summaries
- Reviews file to identify highly complex potential legal issues
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- Reviews medical reports in preparation for claims settlement evaluation
- Researches, responds to, or participates in Department of Insurance complaints or investigations
- Participates in or leads Telephone Alert Conferences regarding highly complex claims referred to Home Office
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle highly complex claims
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.