Claim Service Leader Field Auto
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Claims Service Leader in Rochester, NY!
In this role you are responsible for managing and motivating adjuster staff or vendors to achieve inspired levels of performance and expert execution of required claim processes. This individual supports the implementation of operational initiatives that enable the achievement of Claim, Discipline, Claims Service Area (CSA) and Company business objectives. Develop strategies to achieve employee performance levels and the expert execution of claim processes. Monitor staffing levels and workloads, provides coaching and mentoring, and participates in performance reviews. Manage customer conflicts and assist with establishing unit goals and objectives. Deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. Work independently, prioritize the individual's own responsibilities, and manages workload.
• Ensures and enables staff to maintain a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
• Manages and resolves escalated customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
• Reviews customer satisfaction results; celebrates achievements and develops and directs business unit action plans as needed
• Creates a productive and supportive work environment of highly engaged employees who create highly satisfied customers
• Ensures understanding of business objectives, results, processes, etc. with their direct reports
• Reviews employee work quality and interactions with customers through conducting ride-alongs or sit-alongs and file reviews
• Manages staff and effectively uses performance management to improve and/or reward employee performance
• Participates in checkpoints, goal setting, and PDS's
• Completes performance corrective action plans and coaches employees on performance or behavior opportunities
• Interviews potential employees
• Monitors staffing levels and workloads
• Effectively coaches and provides development/career guidance for direct reports
• Administers company Human Resources policies
Administration and Operational Management
• Ensures compliance to company, state, and federal compliance rules and regulations
• Participates with leadership in developing strategies for operational improvement
• Defines, analyzes and tracks department, section, and/or unit measures
• Analyzes unit reports and supports the achievement of business unit objectives
• Identifies issues and potential solutions on all aspects of the claims business
• Develops and manages processes to ensure delivery of compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy
• Ensures adherence to empathetic and responsive customer service in all transactions
Training - Develop and Deliver
• Assesses and addresses unit needs for training and development
• Provides coaching/mentoring and feedback and proactively uses claim technical expertise to train
Other Projects and Responsibilities
• Oversees the resolution of highly complex customer conflicts or issues
• Oversees the negotiation of highly complex claim settlements
• Oversees response to highly complex arbitrations contentions
• Manages and oversees performance of vendors
• Leads training sessions for the team
• Frequently participates in special projects as a subject matter expert
Our ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree, 3-5 years of experience handling claims, strong auto technical skills and a complete understanding of claims investigations. Prior supervisory experience is a plus. We look for excellent communication, organizational and time management skills as well as outstanding customer service skills. Candidates should be proficient in Internet usage, Windows 2000, Microsoft Word and Excel. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies highly advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Highly advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle highly complex claims
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Applies advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.