Advanced Case Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Process life insurance applications which includes data entry, ordering requirements, issuing, quality assurance and mailing of life insurance policies.
- Maintain constant communication with Insurance Agents.
- Input data and analyze new life insurance applications, or post-issue policy change documents submitted by agents into the Workflow and CyberLife systems.
- Determine if additional state forms and/or additional information is needed depending on state, insurance plan or product.
- Review and resolve any mistakes on applications, change forms and all other required forms.
- Know details of all insurance plans and products, such as minimum/maximum amounts, riders allowed, age limits, method of pay, etc.
- Analyze correspondence and requirements (e.g., oral fluid tests, inspection reports, etc.).
- Request additional medical requirements needed to screen/underwrite.
- Make copies of various forms as required by states and/or vendors for ordering requirements.
- Review and process requirement letters.
- Verify policy within the system to determine if any information was missed, and to check for coding mistakes.
- Make decisions to determine if a case should be referred to underwriting
- Make decisions on mode of pay and set-up within the CyberLife system.
- Accurate and Timely processing of initial premiums.
- Return any incomplete, pending, or postponed files to underwriters for review.
- Assemble and perform Quality Assurance on policy print.
- Follow-up on NIA and COD issued policies.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with all procedures in Life New Business, basic accounting principles and basic knowledge of underwriting routines preferred
- 1 year related experience
- Communication skills
- Basic office skills
- Data entry skills
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.