At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join a place where innovation and creativity are a way of life- and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're a company that doesn't stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations.
As an Accountant, you'll be part of a team with a goal of keeping Progressive finances healthy so we stay a strong company. Working closely with your team, you'll handle monthly close analysis and financial reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual). You'll take on duties such as paying assessments or bills, handling statutory correspondences and preparing account reconciliations while staying in accordance with Corporate Accounting Standards. Additionally, you'll have the chance to work closely with other business groups and expand your career growth opportunities.
Responsibilities may include:
* Accounting for equity compensation plans
* Preparing annual report and proxy statement disclosures related to equity compensation
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting along with at least 2 years of accounting work experience
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Accuracy, attention to detail with strong documentation skills
* Ability to be timely and meet deadlines
* Practices continuous learning including attending internal and external training courses
* Working knowledge of internal accounting controls and SOX knowledge
* Strong organizational skills (planning, time management, priority management)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills - strong listening skills
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* Beginning to intermediate query language skills (SAS, MBI, People Soft general ledger queries)
* Understanding of IT systems used for accounting and financial reporting
* Experience working effectively in a team environment
* Gainshare bonus (Our annual Gainshare bonus program rewards employees based on the company's achievement of annual performance objectives)
* Flexible work arrangements and casual dress
* Ongoing training, tuition assistance and opportunities for career advancement
* Award winning, supportive environment including Employee Resource Groups
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
* 401k plan
* Employee discounts
* Child care subsidy
* On-site clinical care and fitness center
Apply now and find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
* You'll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
* After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
* A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
* Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
* Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
#vfj-11-11#Job: Finance and Accounting Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Mayfield Village Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular