Commercial Auto Claims Manager
- Career Level
Summary: Claim Manager - Commercial Claims.
The claims manager will manage a unit of 6 to 8 claim adjusters responsible for adjusting of 1st and 3rd party commercial auto bodily injury and property damage claims; including collision, comp, total losses, salvage, subrogation and PIP claims. The unit will also be responsible for adjusting a small number of cargo and general liability property damage claims. Primary responsibilities include managing the claim adjusters to established claim procedures, processes including best practices and KPIs; as well as managing daily workflow and handling of all claims within the unit. The claims manager must have significant experience in the management and handling of commercial trucking, commercial auto, and general liability claims. The claims manager must have extensive coverage experience with primary commercial trucking, auto and general liability policies and forms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Lead and manage a team of 6 to 8 claims adjusters to ensure performance metrics, best practices and KPIs set by the company are met or exceeded on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Provide direction, leadership and training to the claims adjusters.
- Provide necessary direction and oversight to claims staff regarding coverage, investigations and evaluations on all claim files within the unit.
- Provide direction and oversight regarding claim resolution strategies.
- Manage total losses, salvage and subrogation claims pursuant to established company procedures and processes.
- Conduct weekly and monthly unit meetings with claim adjusters.
- Perform monthly claim file audits as per company’s established SOX procedures.
- Complete quarterly and annual reviews/evaluations for claims adjusters.
- Provide reserve and settlement authority to the claims adjusters pursuant to the company’s established guidelines or procedures.
- Attend monthly management meetings as required.
- Maintain 100% compliance company’s established SOX procedures and claim adjuster licensing.
Management and Supervisory Responsibilities:
Provide management and oversight of approximately 4000 bodily injury and property damage auto and general liability claims received annually at Hallmark Special Underwriters. Manage and supervise 6 to 8 Fast Track claims adjusters. Provide direction and supervision on all claims within the unit.
Provide supervision, direction, training and development to the claims adjusters. Assist in training of existing and new claims adjusters; and perform quarterly and annual claims staff performance evaluations.
Certificates, Licensed, Registration:
The claims manager must be licensed in all states required by the company. A four college degree is required (JD preferred) and significant related insurance experience in handling and managing commercial trucking. Bilingual, a plus.
Apply for Commercial Auto Claims Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly