- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Underwriting Assistant Job Description
- Meet deadlines and service level guidelines
- Review underwriting information for completeness and accuracy
- Computer literate - Windows, Outlook, Excel & Word
- Meet productivity and quality goals/expectations
- Work independently, able to make sound business decisions
- Communicate effectively with underwriting team and brokers
- Assist underwriter in binder process including reviewing of updated applications, supplements, losses and other requested underwriting subjectivities and advising underwriter of any discrepancies.
- Works with premium accounting to resolve premium and data discrepancies
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments in support of the endorsement process
- Issue policy based on instructions provided by Underwriters. Review forms & endorsements for accuracy and attach any state amendatory endorsements.
- Analyze policy issuance instructions from Underwriters. Fill in forms with required information. Refer any discrepancies to Underwriters.
- Knowledge of primary GL coverage, including ISO forms & endorsements
Apply for Underwriting Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly