Junior Business Analytics Engineer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This is an entry level opportunity within the Quantitative Research and Analytics Department at Allstate. This department is responsible for supporting other internal business units with a broad range of research and analytical projects. The Business Analytics Engineering job family uses business acumen to find applications of analytics to solve business problems. A Business Analytics Engineer creates tools and facilitates processes that enable data driven decision making by collaborating with cross functional teams.
The Junior Business Analytics Engineer is an analyst position responsible for supporting development of tools that use data to help make business decisions. The analyst will also be responsible for clear communication to business partners and to their team internally in Quantitative Research and Analytics. The main responsibility of the Business Analytics Engineer is to deliver value by providing business partners with tools, processes, insights and communications that they otherwise not have the capability to produce themselves.
• Developing a strong, mutually beneficial relationship with the business stakeholders and internally within the QR&A department
• Engaging various business areas to evaluate potential opportunities for new or better business relationships
• Understanding the business needs of your partners and how potential analytical solutions will impact their business results
• Identifying the right internal partners and analytical solutions that could answer the business's problems
• Demonstrating working knowledge of analytical solutions and being able to apply and communicate them with the business
• Drives project execution from ideation to delivery in an Agile project framework, with an emphasis on measurable, value add deliverables
• Communicating clearly throughout the project process to all parties involved about scope, timeline, issues and any changes to them
• Ability to perform quantitative measurements, ensuring projects deliver on their goals
• Ensuring partnership through the development process to in order for successful transition of research to an operational state within the business unit
• Documenting all communications, processes, data and considerations involved in the project
- Bachelor Degree: Business or Technical
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Intermediate Qualitative and Quantitative analytical skills, including knowledge of the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Beginner/Intermediate skills in:
- Project Management
- Process Development
- Insurance Operations and Rating Plans (a plus)
- Microsoft Office Suite; specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• Tactician, SAS, query tools (Business Objects, SQL), R, Python
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.