Entry Level - Infrastructure Engineer (Northbrook,IL)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Entry Level - Infrastructure Engineer (Northbrook,IL)
Target Start Date: May/June 2017
We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life's uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology – a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company's size and related technology scale, job opportunities and career advancement paths in IT are abundant at Allstate. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate needs to hire the best and the brightest talent – is that you?
We are looking for Infrastructure Engineers to work in teams across several different disciplines including Cloud Computing, Servers, Storage, Network, and Client Computing. As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will become knowledgeable in enterprise infrastructure technologies across several of these disciplines. You will be exposed to fast-paced initiatives that implement cutting-edge technology to host Allstate's critical business processes.
- Plan, manage, and execute complex infrastructure system changes in support of customer requests
- Support teams in project Design Review Meetings to clarify project requirements, design solutions in accordance with standards, document, and lead solutions in coordination with project manager and other assigned resources
- Manage efforts to test, debug, and analyze performance, and document hardware and software technology components
- Assist with efforts to implement hardware and software technology components by analyzing the current environment using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of network hardware/software
- Resolve complex or critical incidents, logging and communicating issues and resolutions.
- Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science– Infrastructure, Networking, or Application Development curriculum
- Basic understanding of Enterprise Infrastructure ( Network, Storage, Compute, Cloud)
- Experience with analyzing or building Infrastructure components
- Programming experience, preferably with perl, python, ruby, java.
- Able to follow processes outlined by engineers to perform administrative functions.
- Ability to write detailed guides or documents, per direction of an engineer.
- Detailed oriented individual with good interpersonal skills.
Benefits and Perks
- Pension plan plus 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site fitness center / doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- On-site services: oil changes, dry cleaning, nail/hair salon, convenience store, doctor, pharmacy
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.