Internship - Network Engineer (Northbrook,IL)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Network Engineer Internship 2017 - Northbrook, IL
We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life's uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology – a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company's size and related technology scale, you can get started before you graduate with one of our challenging paid summer internships designed to help you apply your classroom education to real world experiences. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate has many summer interns return for consecutive internships and some even land full-time employment with us after graduation.
As a Network Engineer Intern you will work with others to provide engineering and operational support for the enterprise network, which includes voice and data. You will provide initial response support for incoming calls, network administration functions, network monitoring, and ticket management.
- Troubleshooting/Problem Resolution - The Network Operation Center (NOC) provides enterprise break fix services for enterprise servers and the enterprise network infrastructure
- Monitoring - The NOC is responsible for monitoring the health of the Enterprise Network. This includes monitoring the entire Allstate Network 24x7, including LAN/WAN resources, and Novell and NT Servers
- Must have completed 2 to 3 classes in the Computer Technology - Networking curriculum
- Must have a GPA of 3.00 or higher (or equivalent) overall and in major
- Preferred candidates will have completed sophomore year and currently be enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree Program
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Target start date: May/June 2017
- 12 week summer internship program at our National Headquarters in Northbrook, IL
- An attractive compensation package
- Housing stipend offered to qualified students
- Collaborative team environment
- Planned intern activities; including lunches with Allstate officers as keynote speakers
- Volunteer/community service opportunities
- Potential to receive possible full-time employment after graduation
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive.
These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads 2013 – ConnectEDU
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT 2012– Computerworld magazine
- #11 on InformationWeek 250 Most Innovative Users of Business Technology 2012 – Information Week
- 50 Happiest Companies in America 2013 - CareerBliss
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.