Medical Payment Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples' lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal.
This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
Do you have a passion for helping others? Have an eye for detail? Do you have strong organizational and time management skills? Are you looking to accelerate your career at a renowned company?
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Medical Payment Claims Trainee in Houston, TX.
Our customers need us the most when they file a claim. As an Allstate MedPay Claims Adjuster, you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore people's lives after they've experienced a loss. The MedPay Team is responsible for processing medical payments for anyone involved in a vehicular accident that has experienced a loss. The team reviews bills that are reasonable and necessary, and then processes payment to the appropriate parties. Each day you will be responsible for managing a steady volume of new claims involving medical payments. Most importantly, you will work with our customers to guide them through the claims process in a caring and professional manner.
- Make contact with customers and inquire about injuries incurred as a result of an auto accident
- Secure needed items of investigation
- Determine coverage
- Bill payment according to state statutes
- Document claim file with notes, follow-ups, and decision making process
- Achieve optimal customer satisfaction
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree preferred
- Prior Medical billing and coding experience preferred
- Prior RHIT and/or CPC Certification preferred
- One year of prior customer service experience required
- Schedule availability to work a scheduled shift within the business hours of 7:00AM-7:30PM and a rotational full day Saturday shift from 8:00AM-4:45PM
- Advanced verbal, written, and telephone communication skills
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm
- Extensive negotiation skills
- Works independently on day to day responsibilities
- Ability to organize workflow and manage claims in a timely and productive fashion
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced office environment
- Full knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Moderate decision making responsibility
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at a fast pace
- Ability to provide claim handling assistance to other unit members
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.