Project Manager- Lead
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The ABI (Allstate Business Insurance) Project Management team's primary customers are Allstate Agents and internal ABI teams (Underwriting, Operations, and Business Insurance Center). The Project Management team is responsible for monitoring all aspects of technology projects relating to their customers. This includes pursuit and/or project delivery including scope, timelines, resources, budget, risks and issues, relationships, and communication. It is the Project Management team's responsibility to ensure the project is delivered on time, within budget, and meets or exceeds quality expectations.
The Project Management Lead Consultant works with the Allstate Technology Organization and Allstate Business Insurance partners to coordinate, manage and lead the delivery of ABI technology projects that are of low to very high complexity using advanced technical, organizational, and communication skills to complete assignments that support business goals.
- With a low level of direction; plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are up to high complexity and are moderate to high scale using accepted project management standards
- Forecasts short-term and long-term project deliverables with assistance
- Tracks own plan performance and project timeline
- Participates in cost benefit analysis
- Communicates and presents project status
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project within own tasks
- Assists in determining where additional resources/ expertise may be necessary to successfully complete projects/ assignments
- Provides feedback on project team member(s) when requested
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Assists in the formulation of strategies to achieve plan objectives
Process and Product Design/Improvement
- Supports the development/ design of new plans, programs, processes, products up to high complexity
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs, processes, products.
- Solicits inputs from stakeholders
- Establishes and evaluates procedures and processes regularly and makes observations or suggests improvements
- Adheres to internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- Fully understands business processes associated with the work
- Ensures processes are followed and applied consistently throughout team/department
- Uses advanced business acumen to help the project team identify solutions to simple business related questions and works to involve other subject matter experts when needed
Product Management Support
- Contributes to market share growth and profitability by sharing innovative ideas around changes to products, pricing, risk management and providing Project Management expertise in their respective discipline (s)
- Determines the integration and delivery needs of planned changes/ projects/products to regions/ field
- Understands and articulates market specific implications of business strategies
- Assures proper execution of regulatory/ legislative practices for Product Management
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft product suite (Work, Excel, Power Point)
- Work history showing increase in responsibilities over time
- Has a deep understanding of current Project Management standards to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Deep knowledge of traditional project management tools (MS Project, Visio, Work Share)
- Ability to create a detailed project plan identifying key days, activities, and resources
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to be involved in multiple projects at the same time
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Working knowledge of Agency facing technology
- Some experience in partnering with a sales facing organization
- Questions current process in a professional manner in an effort to improve efficiencies, workflow, and user experience
- College degree preferred
- Three to five years experience in a Project Manager role
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.