At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Claims Adjuster - Litigation
This position investigates, evaluates, and resolves the most serious, most complex, and highest exposure injury claims. Communicates verbally and in correspondence with claimants, police officers, medical professionals, witnesses, insureds, agents/brokers, attorneys, and experts to compile and analyze information to determine coverage, liability, and total value of a claim. Operates with high authority limits with inventory consisting of high exposure, high complexity, multiline auto claims involving multiple vehicles, pedestrians, and/or serious injuries.
Benefits & Perks:
As the fourth largest auto insurance company, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. Progressive employees also benefit from:
*Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
*Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
*Wellness program with discounts & rewards
*Earning paid time off after first two weeks and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
*Annual Gainshare bonus of up to 24% of your salary! Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 year injury claims handling experience.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 5 years injury claims handling insurance experience
- Ability to quickly build rapport and successfully effect settlements.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Effective team player.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Proficient in use of evaluating systems
- Knowledge of the rules of civil procedures in terms of filing/answering suit, discovery deadlines, and venue.
- Knowledge of the rules of evidence, case law and significant rulings in the state.
Apply now to find a job you'll love!
Equal Opportunity EmployerJob: Claims Primary Location: United States-Florida-Fort Lauderdale Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular