Claims Supervisor - Workers Compensation
- Career Level
A National Carrier client is currently recruiting for a Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor to work out of the Atlanta Office.
Supervise technical and administrative functions in an adjusting unit, and ensure attainment of objectives including quality claim handling, cost containment, productivity, adherence to company policies and procedures, and execution of the service model.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Provide technical guidance to staff by: ensuring critical issues have been identified; confirming adjusters’ action steps are completed; ensuring investigations are clearly documented; confirming accuracy of file reserves and payments; adhering to service model and cost containment and litigation management programs. Extend authority to adjusters on claims exceeding their authority level; collaborate with adjusters and Corporate on claims exceeding local authority.
- Conduct and utilize file audits, periodic file reviews and all available resources to accurately assess employee performance. Assess conformance of claims unit to company and industry standards, procedures and objectives. Identify problems areas related to procedural, technical or personnel issues; develop and implement solutions, or recommend improvements to management.
- Manage talent-related matters including performance planning and appraisal, salary administration, hiring, orientation, discipline, and communication, according to company policy and procedure guidelines; address personnel related problems.
- Develop staff pursuant to identified strengths and weaknesses; differentiate allocated resources accordingly.
- Contribute to the leadership of the office to advance the Company strategic plan.
- Appropriately facilitate communication between agency principals, producers, agency support staff and personnel.
- Promote the Carrier through effective presentations, meetings and visits with agencies, their clients, prospective accounts and other groups as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a professional field and at least 7 years of experience.
- Minimum 3 years claims supervisory experience
- WC experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey ideas accurately, clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills
- Relationship driven and team oriented
Apply for Claims Supervisor - Workers Compensation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly