Underwriter - Property & Casualty
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Dongbu Insurance Company Ltd (US Branch) is looking for underwriters with experience in commercial property & casualty lines of business.
About Dongbu Insurance
Established in March 1962 as the first auto insurance company in Korea, Dongbu Insurance has grown into a leading provider of differentiated non-life insurance products and services. Currently, Home office’s total asset is about 30.5 billion dollars and direct annual written premium is around 11.5 billion dollars.
Expansion to overseas market has been achieved to pursue new growth engines and portfolio diversification. Thus Dongbu is committed to boost revenue from existing overseas branch offices in US, moving up schedule to enter Chinese market and strengthening its foothold overseas by entering emerging markets; Operating 4 Branches, 4 Representative Offices and 2 Partnerships. Current US branches’ total asset is U$248m and annual written premium is U$150m.
Credit Ratings : A.M.Best : A (Excellent) / Stable / XV ($2Billion or Greater)
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Position : (Senior/Junior) Underwriter, P&C lines only
- Job Description and Responsibilities
The underwriter will be involved in underwriting commercial property & casualty lines comprised of Businessowners, Commercial Package.
Role and Responsibility
Maintain profitable book of business;
- Review and analyze risks submitted by brokers and agents.
- Determine coverage availability, coverage limit, the premium to be paid and other terms required in accepting the risk within their authority and guidelines.
- Counsel clients on risk management solutions, negotiates terms and contracts, and develops relationships with key clients (ie brokers/agents).
- Analyze submissions from agents or existing book of business and cooperate with management for strategic solutions.
- Remain aware of current industry trends through development of a good working relationship with brokers and other sources of industry news and developments.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior underwriting experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and judgment skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management skills
- Capability to build and maintain positive relationships through teamwork.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
We offer competitive salary plus benefit package that includes medical.
Other qualification: Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Candidates must forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements
Apply for Underwriter - Property & Casualty
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly