Loss Control Representative
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
College degree from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering, Science or other acceptable curriculum or equivalent.
Five years experience in loss control with a multi-line insurance company.
- Ability to work well with policyholders, prospects, agents, and company personnel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must have functional PC skills.
- Collects appropriate information on prospects and policyholders regarding the degree to which they conform to company underwriting standards. This process includes a thorough review of operations, analysis of loss history, analysis of hazards and controls, and recognition of key risk differential features.
- Prepares objective written reports evaluating and grading accounts in comparison to other like businesses.
- Meets productivity goals per company standards and completes survey reports within 5 working days of survey.
- Conducts regular service calls to assist policyholders with their loss control efforts by helping them establish effective hazard controls. Submits recommendations for account improvement conforming to company and applicable consensus standards.
- Utilizes technical references such as NFPA, OSHA, DOT, and NIOSH.
- Studies safety magazines, publications, and company distributed directives.
- Assists in safety meetings and/or supervisory training sessions at policyholder’s locations.
- Maintains contacts with agency personnel in their territory.
- Regular and Predictable Attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains professional status through self-study, night school, and professional loss control organizations.
- Maintains valid driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle record and be available to travel throughout the assigned territory as well as occasional travel to other territories as needed.