Consultant Technical Application Developer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place.AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 11,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 14 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
The Consultant Technical Application Developer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and direction for data processing and systems projects. The Consultant will also devise or modify technical solutions to solve problems. The Consultant will also design, code, test, debug and document programs. The Consultant must be able to perform at a high level of technical knowledge on application development or maintenance technologies.
* Collaborate with IT management, project or maintenance team members and other IT colleagues to evaluate, design, and otherwise provide technical solutions that contribute to the delivery of cost effective business solutions.
* Act as an internal technical mentor and consultant.
* Be a key IT technical contributor on application development or maintenance technologies.
* Ability to assess technology viability and contribute to sound cost-effective technical recommendations to achieve customer needs.
* Must keep abreast of current IT technologies, and understand where these technologies can be deployed to provide cost effective business solutions.
* Provide technical training and consultation to other members of the IT organization.
* Participate in the comprehensive design of the overall application architecture for complex business systems.
* Code, compile and test highly complex programs or modules.
* Participate in requirements definition studies, development of workflows of current and proposed system operations, collection and organization of pertinent system documentation, and development of system documentation.
* Participate in the development of system internal and external design specifications.
* Resolve production systems problems.
* Conduct code walkthroughs and other technical reviews throughout project and maintenance lifecycles.
* Participate in the development of improved and innovative ways to utilize current system software, application system development and programming productivity aids, debugging and test tools.
* Investigate and recommend new methods, procedures, tools, and technologies.
* Participate with other IT professionals to evaluate new technologies in the market and recommend cohesive direction for the IT organization.
* Prepare programming specifications.
* Four year college degree in Information Systems, Technology, or related area of computer science or equivalent work experience.
* Five to eight or more years' experience designing and deploying data processing and systems projects.
* Must be highly competent in one or more of the following technology areas:
1. Relational Database Management Systems (DB2, Microsoft SQL, Oracle)
3. Mainframe Programming Languages (COBOL II, PL/I, SAS)
4. Information Engineering Facility (IEF)
5. Client/Server application technologies (Visual Basic, Composer, JAVA, etc.)
6. Application Vendor Packages
7. Other new technologies as they are deployed within the IT organization.
* Good verbal and written communications skills.
* Good ability to express complex technical concepts in terms less technical for people to understand.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work well within a team environment as well as individually.
* Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessments, background and drug screenings.
Our comprehensive and employee centric training facility located in Costa Mesa provides training programs to help employees acquire various skills necessary to do their jobs and to support career development.
* Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
* Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
* Life Insurance
* Disability Coverage
* 401k Savings Plan
* Employee Discounts
* Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
'Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.'
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE