Product Associate Marketing Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Marketing Planning & Execution Associate Marketing Manager leads planning and creative development and manages day-to-day execution of marketing programs and tactics that support national, local, Agency level and customer one-to-one marketing strategies designed to drive profitable growth and retention for the corporation. The Associate Manager leads cross-functional teams on complex project plans, direct staff/external agency partners, and influence business partners and strategies.
This specific position will be focused on Connected Car Product Pilot tests. The Associate will consult with others in marketing or business areas to gain input to develop, execute and measure naming, positioning and pilot go-to-market plans. The Associate Manager possesses strong marketing strategy skills, strong attention-to-detail, advanced communication skills including concept writing and ability to judge communication creative and provide constructive and clear direction and feedback to both internal and external partners. The Associate Manager also manages and helps others prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a demanding and fast-paced environment. This role requires a strategic thinker who is comfortable with ambiguity in the world of new product development.
- Lead Connected Car Product go-to-market planning, creative development and implementation of integrated marketing communications to support various Pilot Market programs, offering solutions and recommendations to manager, other contributing team members and business partners
- Manage creation and refinement of differentiating product positioning, value propositions and/or concepts in conjunction with the Product Manager. Collaborate with the Marketing Research team to execute testing as appropriate.
- Manage strategic integration of marketing/communications across platforms and programs including customer communications, packaging, PR, internal communications, events, sponsorships, social, mobile app portfolio/UX, website, MyAccount, Alliance, Electronic Quote Proposal and CCC support, as appropriate.
- Offer solutions and provides recommendations to Connected Car Product team in development of new mobile functionality which includes integration with eBusiness, technology, product, distribution and measurement.
- Contribute to development and implementation of complex, integrated marketing communication programs, including analyzing research/data inputs, determining and allocating resources required. Manage all elements through completion, measurement and post pilot analysis.
- Lead and/or direct others in managing required day-to-day tasks, including status report and timeline management, meeting coordination, legal and key stakeholder approvals, and maintaining centralized files for reference and compliance.
- Manage and/or lead others in managing program budgets and provide monthly and quarterly budget forecasts to internal finance team
- Develop presentations, program overviews, recaps, and other materials for internal meetings and presentations; present work internally to Product Marketing leadership and other business partners
- Integrate across Product Marketing teams and other departments, building relationships with internal and external business partners and resources
- Develop and disseminate intelligence gathering on target audience and competitive products in the marketplace.
- Influence, negotiate and persuade team members to support business goals and initiatives; initiate ideas and manage actions plans on cross-functional teams
- Manage, develop and direct staff, interns and marketing/advertising agency partners
- Work with strong level of independence on new or unfamiliar projects
Experience working on new product development and pilot implementation
It would be helpful for the candidate to have demonstrated experience with marketing technology-based products.
Advanced organization, project/program/time management skills and attention to detail
Advanced experience using Microsoft suite, including PowerPoint
Advanced relationship, interpersonal and negotiation skills
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments and with cross-functional teams
Intermediate strategic and analytical skills
Intermediate solutions skills; flexible in times of change
Intermediate presentation development and delivery skills
Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and experience with a deadline driving environment
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong ability to write, copyedit and judge creative
Demonstrated experience managing the creative production process
Demonstrated aptitude for interpreting data/results from a marketing program or product initiative
7-9+ years of Marketing experience, preferably including Advertising/Marketing Agency experience and/or in a role managing marketing agencies
Bachelor's degree required: Marketing, Journalism or Communications concentration preferred
MBA/Master of Communications or related field preferred
Must be highly motivated and a passionate team player
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.