ARS-Regional Sales Manager-Assoc Mgr
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Supports the growth and success of the Allstate Roadside channel and its new agency owners and/or existing exclusive agents and Independent Agencies Regionally. This is achieved through effective consultations, acquisition and retention process adoption, business planning strategies. Influences behavior changes with the ability to coach/engage agency owners.
The Regional Sales Manager supporting agencies is responsible for “owning” the market to which they are assigned and achieving ARS business objectives - which include but are not limited to - ensuring strategic, long-term profitable growth and increased market share. This will be achieved through:
- Creating and tracking performance to a strategic business plan for the market
- As the Allstate Representative, consulting with Exclusive Agencies (EAs) and Independent Agencies (IA) to develop strategic business plans, provide advice on agency operations, identify issues and recommend plans for resolution, and facilitate education offerings to regional support to help promote product offerings
- Communicating with Allstate Regional Leadership to help relay key messages, network improvement plans, key metrics on regional and market views
- Working together on marketing plans to help agencies drive results
- Travel required
This individual is responsible for the following:
Driving and Tracking Agency Results (25%)
- Consults with agencies/Field Leaders to drive results in order to meet the market production plan
Business Planning (~5%)
- Creates a short term (1 year) and long term (3 year) strategic market business plans, and drives market performance to those plans, as requested
- Collaborates with EAs and to assist with creation of agency-specific short term (1 year) and long term (3 year)
- Acts as a Strategic Business Advisor to EAs in order to achieve short & long term business objectives
- Suggests appropriate marketing programs and processes
- Uses financial modeling to provide advice on creating a business case for key investments with EA
- Consults on agency staffing models
- Identifies operational issues within agencies, recommends solutions and opportunities and assists in producing an action plan for resolution
- Monitors agency results to the plan, communicates impact to agency and consults with EA and recommends adjustments where appropriate
Communication & Relationship Management (~20%)
- Acts as an ambassador for Allstate Roadside Services with the agencies, field leaders
- Communicates Allstate messaging on all relevant topics, including business objectives, sales promotions and incentives, compensation and bonus structure, and ARS News
- Customizes messaging for the specific agency, assesses the implications, and suggests necessary actions
Process/Education Support (20%)
- Identifies needs for processes necessary to drive successful business practices in an agency
- Coordinates with regional support to ensure successful and timely installation of needed processes as requested
- 5 years business experience in a leadership role
- Sales Experience
- 4 year college degree preferred
Analytical and Technical Skills
- Business planning skills
- Business consulting skills - strategy formulation, problem solving, and change management
- Analytical skills – ability to assemble information, analyze data and deliver insights e.g. making market projections from trends and conditions
- Sales skills - knowledge of all aspects of sales process and drivers (examples include: projections, goals, targets, shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, compliance, quality)
- Industry & Company Expertise - In-depth knowledge of the Allstate business model, products and processes (including pricing, claims, market planning etc.)
IT Skills - Ability to use Microsoft Office products
- Communication skills - Includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Relationship Management skills - Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Organizational and process management skills - Can engage resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.