Data Analytics Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data & Analytics team works across Allstate Business Insurance to develop and manage data strategy, integration and governance. The team drives strategic thinking around how to utilize and leverage data as an asset in decision making.
The Data & Analytics Sr Consultant provides a good statistical understanding of data to help inform decision makers. This role will plan, conduct and coordinate data projects and analytical exercises. The Sr Consultant will support ad-hoc data requests and be involved in testing efforts to ensure data integrity.
- Identifies and resolves simple to complex data issues
- Performs and evaluations simple to complex trend analysis (e.g. competitor analysis, risk management, financial)
- Good working knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Plans, implements, manages simple to medium complexity data projects into a cohesive project plan to move the most important work forward and begin to build the information needed to best manage customer data and analysis
- Assists in the development the Allstate ABI data quality and validation guidelines
- Contributes to the common vision of elevating the organizations' commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate customer and business data
- Ensure a cross functional view of business data is available to ABI
- Supports the partnership with finance and compliance to ensure externally reported data is accurate and balanced appropriately
- Ensure protocol is adhered to for customer data quality including joining disparate information systems to create a holistic view of the customer and his/her interactions with Allstate
- Implement processes to maintain high quality data assets
- Serves as a subject matter expert for their respective discipline(s) from an internal perspective
- Uses sound decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to design and lead complex analysis
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Good quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Good presentation skills; dynamically (persuasively) presenting ideas to management
- Ability to inspire trust and influence others
- Ability to understand Business Insurance consumer trends, industry/ competitive dynamics, and economics
- Proven track record managing multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- 3+ years of experience
- Bachelors degree required
- Strong working knowledge of commercially available analytical tools (i.e. Excel, ACCESS, SAS)
- Trains/coaches team members and/or peers as needed
- Actively shares expertise with peers
- Continually seeks opportunities for learning and development within their respective discipline(s)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.