Claims Counsel, Professional Liability
- Career Level
- Not Specified
- Investigate, analyze and evaluate claims, review and apply coverage terms and conditions, evaluate damages and set appropriate reserves.
- Lines of business will include Professional Liability claims with a focus on claims on Cyber/ Data Breach, Miscellaneous Professional Liability, Accountants Professional Liability, Lawyers Professional Liability, & Insurance Agents Professional Liability.
- Report to senior management, actuarial and underwriters regarding claims trends and developments.
- Work with outside counsel to develop and implement case resolution strategies, including review of proposed litigation budget.
- Approval and review of litigation budgets and invoices through our outside bill review vendor
- Work closely with underwriters, brokers and insureds.
- Interact with department staff to obtain information or inform them of account status or changes.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience handling Professional Liability Claims and/or Litigation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (including Word and Outlook) and digital filing systems preferred.
- Previous experience with claims litigation.
- State adjuster license(s).
- Strong communication and excellent writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- J.D. preferred
- Some travel may be required for mediations, trials, etc.
Apply for Claims Counsel, Professional Liability
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly