Enterprise Applications Team Lead
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 11,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 14 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
This position provides leadership and direction for application systems projects or for maintenance activities. Instructs, directs, and reviews the work of assigned programming team members including supervisory management responsibilities (e.g., hiring, performance management). Formulates system scope and objectives, demonstrating understanding of the business. Devises or modifies procedures to solve business problems. Prepare detailed specifications. Responsible for leading all phases of applications system development and maintenance including system analysis, programming and testing. Maintains knowledge of IS technologies and technical concepts and effectively applies that knowledge to applications systems and maintenance projects. Understands IT structure and responsibilities of other areas/units that impact assigned projects or maintenance. Works with IS Management, Project Leaders, Project Team Members, and Outside Technology Vendors to provide technology processes and business solutions. Work involves understanding the detail of project scopes in accurately estimating project time/duration and resources required to complete tasks. Makes decision if the task is completed with documented requirements by reviewing code and test results with staff before releasing the unit of work for implementation. Makes decision that the proper communication to management and team is published for the tasks at work. Makes decision on prioritizing tasks to team. Understands the problems and provides resolution and recommendations. Makes recommendation on staff hiring, promotions, salary adjustments, and disciplinary actions.
Successful candidates have the following qualifications:
- Four year college degree in information systems, technology, or related area of computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years technology experience with 3-5 years managing direct reports and project teams in the area of planning, designing and deploying technology systems projects.
- Relational Database Management Systems (DB2),
- Mainframe Programming Languages (COBOL II).
- Knowledge of Financial payment systems including Credit card processing, remittance systems is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of a formal set of proven methods for the design, development, testing, and implementation of applications software.
- Familiar with project planning and management tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in non-technical terms to facilitate understanding.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to build a team and to work well within a team environment.
- Strong mentoring skills
- Strong supervisory skills, including interviewing, mentoring and staff development, goal setting, and performance evaluation.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE