Sr. Network Operation Analyst - First Shift
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Road to Success Starts Here!
The Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking career-minded individuals for our Sr. Operations Network Analyst - Third Shift opportunity in Coppell, TX.
Under the guidance of the Manager of Data Center Services, monitors and maintains a dual data center environment for Auto Club Enterprises national telecommunications and computing infrastructure, which supports critical business functions and processes throughout the company on a 24-hour per day, 7-day per week basis.
Works daily with the Supervisor, Network Operations to support Enterprise Infrastructure teams and other I/S departments to provide high quality, customer-focused services, delivering operational excellence as demonstrated by superior system reliability, availability, performance and cost-effectiveness.
Responsibilities include console operations, production batch job support, systems/network monitoring, first- and second-level technical support, system hardware maintenance, controlled documentation development and process improvements for all infrastructure platforms.
Additional responsibilities include facilities and disaster recovery support for all infrastructure platforms.
Technologies to be supported include a variety of computing systems; Mainframe systems; Unix and Linux systems; Windows 20xx/.NET servers; SAN systems; local-area networks; national MPLS wide-area networks; telephone switches; voicemail systems; and videoconferencing systems.
Successful candidates have the following qualifications:
* Minimum 5 years' experience in integrated systems support and/or job recovery functions acceptable.
* Experience managing operational support in a complex multi-platform / multi-location, medium to large data center environment.
* Must have experience in managing workloads across geographical boundaries to support Active/Active and Active/Standby solutions.
* Have basic working knowledge to effectively support disaster recovery programs.
* Extensive experience and working knowledge of data center best practices in the areas of operational procedures, operational process, enterprise problem and change management.
* Excellent Level 2 knowledge of service restoration in a heavily virtualized Windows 20xx servers and UNIX operating systems environment required.
* Knowledge of a multi-platform data centers with emphasis on distributed systems preferred, MVS Z/OS operating system, JES2 subsystem knowledge a plus.
* Knowledge of automation, automated balancing, output management, change management.
* Strong understanding of operating system networking processes, storage area networks, virtual server and virtual machines, distributed computing, remote system management, client/server application management, and distributed data management.
* Strong skillset using the Microsoft suit of operational tools (SCCM, MS Office, Hypervisor etc.). Candidate must be customer service oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills. Effective listening and team participation is a must.
* Must be willing to train, mentor or provide technical and career guidance to other staff members.
* Business degree in computer science, computer operations, or data processing desired.
* Demonstrated experience in a Network Operations Center leadership role.
* Microsoft, ITIL or other applicable certifications required; track courses towards certifications are considered.
* Must be flexible to support any shift.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE