Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Inventive provider of industry-specific underwriting services for commercial insurance programs has an immediate opening in our Denver Tech Center office for an Underwriter for several national liability and work comp programs.
- Oversee a number of staff entering work comp policies, audits, ex-mods into a carrier system
- Comfortable dealing with daily issues of policyholders via phone or email
- Evaluates applications for new business, renewals and endorsements for acceptability in adherence to underwriting guidelines.
- Responsible for a book of business in excess of $1.5mm annual premiums
- Determines whether to accept, modify, or decline risks
- Establishes types and limits of coverage to be provided
- Calculates standard rates and premium charges by using approved formulas and tables.
- Develops or modifies policy wording when standard text is not appropriate.
- Consults with company representatives, insurance brokers, and other insurance or inspection companies to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain company underwriting policies
- Responsible for issuing new and renewal business based on established timelines
Offers competitive base salaries and bonus plans with an comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401K match, paid time off, paid holidays and much more.
- Superior computer skills especially with Excel (test of proficiency may be required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management or other relevant field or 5-10 years Liability Underwriting, designations preferred
- Current Property/Casualty Insurance License
- Demonstrated competence in all lines of coverage
- Analytical and problem solving skills as required to synthesize complex or diverse information and identify and resolve problems
- High level of customer service skills to manage difficult customer situations and to respond promptly to customer needs
- Quality oral and written communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Apply for Underwriter - Greenwood Village, CO
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly