Senior Industrial Engineer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Industrial Engineers work with enterprise business units at the operational level to drive process improvements, identifying compliance to customer service standards and strategies for consistent, repeatable, and flawless execution. They understand the company business processes and help ensure we are always driving to optimize and streamline them to create a sustainably lean organization. This position will be responsible for leading the development, execution and delivery of projects as an Industrial Engineer across operational areas such as Claims, Contact Centers, and Allstate Agencies. This resource should have demonstrated application experience of the Six Sigma methodology in a business setting.
The Industrial Engineer Senior Consultant I acts as a project lead with the responsibility to complete Industrial Engineering projects with minimal oversight. This position may be responsible for leading teams or individuals on project work and have responsibility for managing business relationships. This position reports to an Industrial Engineering Associate Manager and will be responsible for aiding in the development, execution and delivery of projects across Allstate operational areas.
- Proficient in statistical analysis processes and understands how and when to apply them based on the situation and specific needs.
- Understands the organization and client goals and the reasons for those goals; begins to articulate linkage between business goals and what that means for organization practices. Participates in solving business problems.
- Provides leadership to help clients achieve sustainable results.
- Leads client contracting conversations of a basic to moderate nature to ensure client and consultant needs are identified and intended outcomes are understood.
- Leads the design of leading edge approaches and solutions utilizing broad knowledge, best practices and benchmarking. Contributes to strategic decisions.
- Leverages external research, models, and practices and applies it internally to bring thought leadership to the organization.
- Integrates subject matter knowledge with industry experience, relevant related disciplines, program/process design principles, and business goals and strategy
- Works with moderate consultative oversight, leads others in project management functions
- Analyzes ambiguous problems. Breaks down complex information in a systematic and communicable manner
- Leads rigorous process and/or service improvement projects
- Develops in-depth ideas and materials, insures understanding of technical matters by non-technical, executive decision makers
- Assumes responsibility for quality of service and advice in meeting customer and business partner needs
- Provides internal professional leadership
- Manages projects and program execution of moderate complexity
- Influences others to implement new program solutions
- Impacts department results through innovation and provision of authoritative advice
- Applies best practices when summarizing research findings. Reviews and edits prepared materials.
- Facilitates interviews, focus groups, and workshops.
- Understands and makes observations on market specific implications of business strategies.
- Professional with strong organization, communication, and administrative skills
- Bachelors degree - Industrial Engineering
- Ability to think conceptually, analytically, and creatively
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and organize
- Strong oral and business writing skills
- Ability to manage and utilize project teams effectively
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to analyze data and apply it to problem resolution or process improvement
- 2-5 years of experience in statistical analysis
- 2-5 years of experience in the use of industrial engineering methodology to conduct research
- 2-5 years of experience leading projects and managing resources and timelines
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.