Product Operations Insurance Manager - Encompass
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Encompass Insurance is one of the largest personal property and casualty insurance brands sold exclusively through a network of more than 2,400 independent agents. Each of our agents are committed to delivering superior service and quality products to their discerning policyholders who have worked hard to achieve their lifestyle. Encompass knows that you don't simply have more things to protect—you have more valuable things. That's why we specialize in protecting the things that matter most to you.
This experienced Product Management professional will will recommend, coordinate, complete projects, analysis and analytics that include: measurement of minor and major initiatives, underwriting revisions, compliance projects, system inquiries, profitability analysis, call logs, re-rate analysis, competitive intelligence and other assignments of moderate to high complexity. This role will also serve as a primary contact point for issue identification and resolution for external parties including Sales and independent agencies.
- Leverages familiarity with and utilizes available current data sources/tools and measurement processes to design, create and maintain analytical support for state product teams with an appreciation for state-specific nuances;
- Understands how each data source and tool is used to support various analyses (e.g. Business Objects databases such as Interlink Analytics, ActMart, etc…)
- Performs reasonability checks and understands the data & measurement results to support the decision-making process
- Considers the relative merits of data from multiple sources and reconciles data/divergent issues, and recommends potential enhancements.
- Generates monthly reports including high-level summaries and recommendations for additional analysis/action by state managers including: New Business Policy Detail, Trailing Documents, and quote data
- Owns and creates documents, procedures and communication vehicles to be used by state managers (e.g. task-specific job aids and checklists) to influence product design, business strategy, and underwriting philosophy.
- Develops familiarity with non-traditional sources of competitive intelligence and utilizes information from sources such as Mintel, industry articles, news, and state-specific department of insurance filing databases in support of the Encompass Competitive Intelligence Team (i.e. Introduction/changes to state-specific discounts or rating plans and new rate/rule/underwriting filings)
- Determines and executes on comprehensive work plans to coordinate product-related aspects of moderate- to high-complexity projects across various disciplines (e.g. Product/Contract), including formal documentation of requirements, processes, workflow analysis and communication to interested parties;
- Creates pre-implementation expectations of costs and benefits, including changes in key financial measures
- Creates post-implementation measurement and management summaries
- Understands P&L and finance report data with the ability to identify potential pressure points or emerging trends for state product teams
- Familiarity with state regulatory environments and specific regulations in order to provide analytical support to recommend decisions to state managers about the implementation of Pricing/Product changes (including, but not limited to, rate/rule changes and minor/major initiatives)
- Understands the business of Insurance (Encompass) in order to improve outreach to other Areas Of Responsibility
- 3-5 years of related experience
- College Degree
- Insurance and/or pricing knowledge and experience within the property and casualty industry
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- High-level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
- Strong decision-making and problem- solving skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail; can analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve data issues of basic to moderate complexity
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.