Loss Control Consultant
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Loss Control Consultant provides evaluation of insured for hazards and exposures of Property, General Liability, Umbrellas, Auto, Workers Compensation, and Inland Marine to assure proper compliance with safety standards and requirements.
Assess prospective and current insureds’ overall exposure for underwriting purposes with the goals of mitigating risk and preventing loss. Provide risk control services to accounts efficiently and effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned
- Conduct loss control surveys at prospective, new and existing account locations with the goal of identifying exposure and hazards.
- Formulate loss control recommendations to reduce risk and prevent losses.
- Provide risk assessment reports to underwriting partners that help HIIG acquire and retain profitable business
- Influence accounts to implement recommendations verbally and through written responses.
- Analyze loss trends and provide loss trending reports to underwriting partners
- Knowledge of emerging safety issues and regulatory environment
- Able to conduct training for safety, auto and other related exposures
- Assist in training and providing technical support to Underwriters of the various Divisions.
- Assist in Compliance Audits with various State Agencies.
- Provide advice and guidance on company Loss Control procedures
- Travel within the assigned territory to facilitate inspections as required by vehicle or air.
- Assist in auditing Loss Control Vendors on an as needed basis.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in insurance or related field and 5 years’ minimum commercial lines loss control experience for multiple lines of business.
- Texas & Oklahoma Department of Insurance Loss Control qualified.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to problems.
Must have technical knowledge of construction, fleet, oil and gas and knowledge of insurance and risk management.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, agents, and vendors.
Ability to project a warm and friendly manner in all business contacts and maintain a professional relationship with fellow workers, agency contacts, and the general public.
Technical expertise in loss control software and computer system skills.
Functions generally performed in field. Must be able to work as a team member to solve problems and exchange information. Travel is up to 70% of the time.
Apply for Loss Control Consultant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly